Wednesday 21 March 2012

Macaron Fail: Vanilla Macarons

For my first foray into macaron baking, I decided to use this recipe from Taste.

Unfortunately, it REALLY didn't work for me. At all. It was definitely a macaron fail!

The mixture seemed very runny to me. I don't know much about macarons, but I do know a few things about cookies, and it seemed to me that a mixture that's practically liquid isn't going to bake into an actual cookie.

I followed the instructions to the letter. What I wound up with was this:


And left behind on the baking tray:


Sigh.

Next time, I'm going to try another recipe, one with fewer wet ingredients and/or more dry ones. The internets suggest that baking the macarons at an even lower heat for even longer might also help avoid this issue.

I don't think it's fair for a recipe to be a total failure when you follow it exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment